The Our Voice Bursary 2023 aims to support two artists of the Global Majority, for one year, to take their career in the arts to the next stage and to make further connections in the arts sector in Wales.
The two bursary recipients will be chosen through an open selection process searching for those with great passion for their art-form and a clear vision of what they want and what they need to achieve it.
Successful recipients will be supported for one year (August 2023 – August 2024) in the following ways:
- Awen Cultural Trust will support recipients’ development in the areas of: programming, outdoor arts, and technical and venue management.
- One week of space (workspace and/or studio space) at an Awen Cultural Trust managed venue.
- 12-months of mentoring from Awen Cultural Trust.
- Support from Krystal S. Lowe throughout the year in application and CV writing, offering feedback on ideas, how to find jobs and opportunities, and in connecting recipients with people in the arts sector to support ongoing career development.
- A public showcase of their work-in-progress in Our Voice 2024 sharing produced by Krystal S. Lowe.
- And a £500.00 bursary to support expenses and time away from work to develop their art-form.
There is also potential for bursary recipients to take part in work placements throughout the year.
Who Can Apply?
- Creatives of the Global Majority who are seeking to take their career to the next level.
- Creatives in any art form, included but not limited to: dancers, actors, writers, producers, directors, photographers, designers, musicians, and visual artists for example.
- Those either formally or informally trained in their art form.
- Applicants must be based in Wales and have at least one year of experience working in the arts.
We’d particularly like to see applications from:
Those who haven’t received formal training in the arts.
Deaf, disabled, and/or neurodivergent women.
How to Apply
Email email@example.com by June 11th responding to the following provocations in 300 words/3min video/audio maximum:
- Describe who you are, what is important to you in the world, and what you enjoy doing with your time.
- Tell us what you enjoy most about your art-form and why you do it.
- Describe your current career and how you’d like to develop it.
- Share what support you would like in order to develop your career.