Awen has been recognised for its commitment to workplace wellbeing.
Chief Executive, Richard Hughes, said:
“We are delighted that Mind has recognised Awen as an organisation which has embedded mental health into our policies and practices and is demonstrating a long-term commitment to supporting the physical and mental wellbeing of our colleagues. To achieve a Gold Award so soon after receiving Silver is testament to our People team and other colleagues who have shared their experiences to help others. I would also like to congratulate our Head of People, Helen Cook, who was shortlisted by Mind for a Senior Leader Award.”
Mind’s Workplace Wellbeing Index is a benchmark of best policy and practice, celebrating the good work employers are doing to promote and support positive mental health, and providing key recommendations on the specific areas where there is room to improve. This year, Mind surveyed almost 16,000 employees across the 61 employers participating in the Index.
Some of Awen’s recent work in this area includes:
- Signing the Menopause Workplace Pledge, Time to Change Wales Pledge and TUC Dying to Work Charter.
- Providing all staff, trustees and volunteers with access to a comprehensive Employee Assistance Programme.
- Offering face-to-face training for managers on recognising the signs of stress and anxiety and how to support other colleagues.
- Training a cohort of Mental Health First Aiders.
- Setting up a Wellbeing Together Group with representatives from across the organisation.
- Sharing colleague blogs on their experiences of mental health and wellbeing to help break down barriers around speaking out.
- Offering a range of flexible working practices and empowering managers to support colleagues with these, wherever possible.
- Working with Mind Nourishing to offer training on digestive health, which is linked to emotional wellbeing.
- Collaborating with our bank to offer financial advice and guidance to colleagues.
- Holding ‘Let’s Talk’ themed events for colleagues to get together and chat informally about a particular topic e.g. Let’s Talk Menopause.