Beginners no press relief collagraph making – printing with a spoon.
Invitation from the artist Marian Haf;
For me printmaking is the closest thing to magic, that moment when you lift the paper with bated breath to revile the print never gets old.
This one day course will provide you with the confidence and knowledge to design make and print a relief collagraph
By the end of the day you will have
· Learned about a range of materials that can be used in making a collagraph plate from household packaging, paper and boards
· Used a range of tools and techniques to create line texture and form.
· Learned how to relief inked your plate using artist quality ink
· Experimented with printing on to a range of paper and how each one handles differently, along with plate registration and good working practice in achieving a clean result
· Designed, made and printed a series of relief collagraph prints to take away, with the knowledge to keep printing at home with minimal tools and investment
Please bring with you a sketchbook and pencil along with images or design ideas or equally let the process guide you on the day.
I’m very much looking forward to sharing this magical and accessible process with you
Ticket Status: Available